Alec has advised senior management of a $1.5 billion corporation and drafted complex agreements on issues involving production, construction, employment law, real estate, strategic alliance, equipment leasing, compliance with state and federal antitrust and anti-kickback statutes, intellectual property acquisition and portfolio management, licensing, marketing, e-commerce and general business issues of day-to-day transactions.
In the construction sector, Alec assists contractors in negotiating construction contracts with owners, design builders and architects as well as preparing subcontract programs on a client-by-client or job-by-job basis.
In the entertainment sector, Alec has critical access to key players and has negotiated contracts with numerous global media and production companies involving theatrical productions, front money financing agreements, underlying rights acquisitions, recording contracts, producer agreements and joint ventures.
Alec also has experience in intellectual property litigation, having represented clients in Federal court and in matters involving the US Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
As both a private firm attorney and former general counsel, Alec brings a depth of business knowledge necessary to provide top-notch, practical guidance reflective of a client’s overall business strategy and goals.
Areas of Practice
- Business Transactions
- Entertainment & Media
- Intellectual Property & Licensing
- Illinois State Bar, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Indiana, 2003
- Juris Doctor
- Lawrence University, Appleton, Wisconsin, 1992
- Bachelor of Arts
- Selected as “Illinois Super Lawyer”
- Horizontal Mergers in Media Companies
- California Labor Code Section 2855 and its Recording Contracts
- Intellectual Property in the Construction Industry
- Intellectual Property Basics
- The Theatre Business
- The Business and Legal Aspects of a Theatrical Production
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Chicago Dramatists
- Lawyers for the Creative Arts
- Theatre Communications Group
- Underground Contractors Association of Illinois