Cory is an experienced litigator with a diverse practice centered on commercial litigation, professional negligence, products liability, employment litigation, trade secret and non-competition litigation, insurance coverage, construction liability, class action defense litigation, and appeals. He has an established reputation as a strong advocate for his clients, with a focus on identifying his clients’ goals and assisting them in achieving those objectives as efficiently and effectively as possible. Cory’s clients have ranged from individuals and entrepreneurs, to small business owners, and Fortune 500 companies. Over the course of his career, he has handled all facets of litigation at both the state and federal level, including various forms of alternative dispute resolution, bench and jury trials, and appeals.
Cory was admitted to the Illinois bar in 2001. He is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. He is the chair of the firms cyber/privacy practice, handling data privacy and data breach response and litigation.
Cory has been recognized as a Super Lawyer in Illinois for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Super Lawyers Magazine. Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations, and peer evaluations. The final selection represents no more than 5% of practicing lawyers in Illinois.
He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association, and the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association.
Areas Of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Professional Negligence
- Products Liability
- Employment Litigation
- Trade Secret and Non-Competition Litigation
- Insurance Coverage
- Construction Liability
- Class Action Defense Litigation
- Illinois, 2001
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois, 2001 – Juris Doctor
- University of Wisconsin, LaCrosse, Wisconsin, 1998 – Bachelor of Science
Recognized as a Super Lawyer in Illinois for 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 by Super Lawyers Magazine. Super Lawyers represent the top five percent of attorneys in more than 70 practice areas. Visit Here
- American Bar Association – Member
- Illinois State Bar Association – Member
- Chicago Bar Association – Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association – Member
- Underground Contractors Association
- Chicago Anti-Hunger Federation
- Board of Directors & General Counsel
- Insurance Coverage Issues in Construction Settings – The Application of Kotecki v. Cyclops Welding and Peppers v. Maryland Casualty;
- Employee Engagement in a Whole New World – Current Issues in the Engagement and Termination of Millennial Employees;
- Updates and Developments in the Illinois Mechanics Lien Act and Payment and Performance Bonds in construction settings.