Eileen E Rosen
T: (312) 494-1000
Click here to email Eileen
Ms. Rosen concentrates her practice in civil rights litigation, with significant trial experience in both State and Federal Courts. Prior to entering private practice, Ms. Rosen was an Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of Chicago, Department of Law, where she specialized in defending civil rights cases brought against the City of Chicago and members of the Chicago Police Department. Ms. Rosen was a supervisor in the Department of Law and was responsible for supervising all reverse conviction–extended detention lawsuits.
Ms. Rosen is an active member of the Civil Rights Section of the Federal Bar Association, where she sits on the board and currently serves as the head of the Committee on Defense of Government Entities. Ms. Rosen was the Chair of the Civil Rights Section from 2012 – 2016. She also frequents as a guest lecturer at Loyola University School of Law, where she speaks to law students regarding Section 1983 and police misconduct litigation. She has previously served as the Chair of the Reverse Conviction Committee. In 2022 Eileen was recognized in Crain’s Chicago Business Notable Women In Law feature.
Areas Of Practice
- Business / Commercial Litigation
- Civil Rights Litigation
- Civil RICO
- Tort Litigation
- Illinois, 1993
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1993
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, 1997
- Loyola University of Chicago School of Law, Chicago, Illinois J.D., Graduated Cum Laude
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois B.S.
- Crain’s Chicago Business Recognition – Notable Women in Law, 2022 @ https://www.chicagobusiness.com/awards/eileen-rosen
- Federal Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
Lectures / Seminars
- 2018 Federal Bar Association Annual Meeting and Convention – Trends in First Amendment Policing