Phone: (312) 494-1000
Click here to email Matthew
Matthew P. Connelly was admitted to the bar in 1995 after receiving a Juris Doctor degree from the John Marshall Law School. He is licensed and/or admitted in various state and federal courts in Illinois, Missouri, District of Columbia, Florida, Connecticut, Indiana, and Wisconsin. He practices in the areas of commercial/securities litigation, employment/labor law, construction/design defect litigation, transportation/common carrier law, professional malpractice, cyber security – breach response and litigation, insurance coverage litigation and general tort and product liability law as well as representing clients in various class actions. He has tried numerous jury and bench trials in all areas of litigation.
He is admitted to practice before various state courts, United States District Courts and various United States Court of Appeals. He has co-authored and presented numerous seminar materials and articles on various topics such as legal malpractice, all areas of employment and labor, construction defect/design issues, insurance coverage issues, securities litigation, ERISA matters, and class actions. He was honored as one of the “40 Attorneys Under 40 in Illinois to Watch,” has repeatedly been named in Chicago Magazine’s “Illinois Super Lawyers,” and recently has been named a Fellow in the Litigation Counsel of America, a Trial Lawyer Honorary Society.
Areas Of Practice
Construction/Design Defect Litigation
Transportation/Common Carrier Liability
General Tort/Product Liability Law
Cyber Security Law
Illinois State Bar, 1995
Missouri State Bar
Indiana State Bar
Wisconsin State Bar
U.S. District Court
Northern District of Illinois
Southern District of Illinois
Southern District of Indiana
Central District of Illinois
Eastern District of Michigan
Western District of Michigan
Southern District of New York
Eastern District of Wisconsin
District of Connecticut
U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals, 2nd Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois, 1995
Western Illinois University, Macomb, Illinois, 1992
Bachelor of Science
• Defenses to the Legal Malpractice Case (Co-Author), IDC Quarterly, Vol. 7, No. 2
• Co-authored a number of seminar materials and articles on various topics including legal malpractice, sex/race discrimination, insurance coverage for contractors and manufacturers
• Selected as one of the “40 Attorneys Under 40 in Illinois to Watch.”
• Awarded the AV Rating by members of the Illinois Bar. The AV Rating in Martindale-Hubbell identifies a lawyer with preeminent legal ability and is a reflection of their expertise, experience, integrity and overall professional excellence. Just 5% of all Lawyers in the U.S. receive this distinguished honor.
• Selected as “Illinois Super Lawyer,” Chicago Magazine**
Outside General Counsel to:
IHC Construction Companies LLC
Home Run Inn Inc.
Monaco Mechanical Inc.
Sutoer Solutions, Inc.
Power Play Distributors, LLC
Illinois Central Sweeping, LLC
Christensen & Niwinski, Inc.
Impact Staffing, LLC
Id Additives, Inc.
Hemophilia Foundation of Illinois
Foundation for Children in Need
Pro-bono legal counsel to Board of Directors
Village of Riverside Police Commissioner
American Bar Association – Member
Illinois State Bar Association – Member
Illinois State Bar Association Privacy & Information Security Law Section Council
Chicago Bar Association – Member
Missouri Bar Association – Member
Federal Bar Association – Member
Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce
Fox Valley General Contractors Association
Illinois Manufacturers’ Association
Illinois Restaurant Association
Illinois Road Transportation Builders Association
Illinois Trucking Association
National Association of Independent Insurers
The Association of Credit and Collection Professionals
* Law Bulletin Publishing Company survey of over 35,000 attorneys in Illinois under the age of 40 wherein 40 were selected by their peers and judges as proven and reputable attorneys to watch.
** Illinois Super Lawyers are chosen by nomination and selection by their peers. Only 5% of the licensed attorneys in Illinois are admitted to this accomplishment.