Marc D. Engel is a senior tax counsel at Rock Fusco & Connelly and concentrates his practice in Real Estate Taxation, Real Estate Tax Incentives, and Real Estate Tax Exemptions. Prior to joining the firm, Marc worked at a leading national law firm where he concentrated on filing real estate property tax appeals for owners of commercial and residential properties in Cook and Lake counties. Marc counsels clients and represents them in seeking tax-exempt status as well as procure homeowner’s exemptions and refunds for residential property owners. While at his prior firm, Marc was also a Special Assistant Attorney General representing governmental entities in eminent domain actions involving the acquisition of property for public roadway expansions and highway extensions in the Northern Illinois region. As a Special Assistant Attorney General, he litigated disputes over just compensation between condemning authorities and property owners. Marc is also a licensed managing real estate broker.
- Senior Tax Counsel
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate Taxation
- Real Estate Tax Incentives
- Real Estate Tax Exemptions
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern and Western Division
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL, J.D.
- University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA, Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance with an emphasis in accounting
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Lake County Bar Association
- West Suburban Alumni Chapter PAD, Lawyer-to-Lawyer Mentoring Program