Real Estate Tax Attorney
Rock Fusco & Connelly, LLC is a mid-sized Chicago Loop law firm seeking a real estate tax attorney to work with the firm’s Real Estate Tax Litigation practice group. It is preferred, though not required, that the ideal candidate will have 3-5 years experience in property tax, preferably with some knowledge of the Cook County tax assessment process. Very strong attention to detail, including written work product, analytical skills, ability to balance multiple projects, work independently, have strong time management skills, and prioritize workload. This is an IN-PERSON position with some flexibility on remote work options.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinating and managing property tax litigation files on a daily basis, including the timely preparation and filing of appropriate complaints and supporting evidence at three administrative levels (Assessor’s Office, Board of Review, Property Tax Appeal Board) as well as in the Circuit Courts
- Analyzes properties, reviews, and drafts briefs and all supporting evidence for commercial/industrial, income-producing, and owner-occupied properties, including real estate development projects from demolition to completion for new construction, building rehabs, and condo conversions
- Preparing and filing property tax dispute documents in multiple counties (including all collar counties)
- Monitors and assists with complaint preparation for tax objection cases filed in the Circuit Court of Cook County as well as court call management and document production
- Communicates with county representatives concerning hearings, scheduling issues, pending settlements, refunds, and other related issues
- Assists, as needed, with tax incentive and property tax exemption applications
- Juris Doctor degree, licensed in Illinois
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams
- Demonstrates sense of ownership over assigned work
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Send your resume to: Barbara Bucaro, Rock Fusco & Connelly, LLC, 333 W. Wacker Dr., 19th Floor, Chicago, IL 60606; email: BBucaro@rfclaw.com.