Vaughn J. Richardson is an attorney who lives her life by a code instilled by her parents, namely, that “what you say is what you do.” As an Associate at RFC, Vaughn incorporates this mantra of accountability into everything she does in her practice, which has earned her recognition among her clients and her peers. Super Lawyers Magazine has recognized Vaughn as an Illinois Rising Star for 2023. Only 2.5% of Illinois attorneys under 40 years old with 10 years or less of legal experience are awarded this distinction.
Vaughn was admitted to the Illinois Bar in 2021 and concentrates her practice at RFC in commercial and general litigation, employment litigation, non-competition litigation, and construction liability. Prior to joining the firm, Vaughn successfully represented clients in divorce, parentage, domestic violence, adoption, embryo, and post-judgment enforcement litigation.
As a graduate of Northern Illinois University College of Law (2020), Vaughn worked alongside the faculty as the Student Bar Association President to select and install two new professors and a new Dean of the College of Law. During the peak of the COVID-19 pandemic, she assisted the administration in implementing a modified curriculum to provide a seamless transition to students during the shelter-in-place regulations.
While obtaining her undergraduate degree from Lake Forest College (2016) Vaughn was an active member of Tri Delta – Epsilon Beta Chapter and assisted in dozens of fundraisers for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital to raise funds for the construction of multiple wings at the St Jude Tennessee facility.
- Illinois, 2021
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, JD cum laude(2020)
- President of the Student Bar Association President
- Head of Chambers of the Trial Advocacy Society
- Honors: Finalist, Lenny B. Mandell Moot Court Competition
- Lake Forest College, BA (2016)
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Super Lawyers 2023 Illinois Rising Stars
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND ROLES
- Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education – Ambassador
- Illinois State Bar Association, Young Lawyer Division – Board Member
- Women’s Bar Association – Member
- Tri Delta, Epsilon Beta Chapter – Alumni Member
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Guest Speaker on the IN RE Podcast (2021)
- Contributor and Presenter in IICLE New Lawyer Starter Kit Basic Skills CLE Course “Don’t Hit Send: Civility in the Profession” (2022)
- Co-Author of Chapter 4 “Child Support” in IICLE: Family Law: Child-Related Issues in Dissolution Actions (2022 Edition)